Thursday 13 October 2011

An awful day at work!

Mehn, today at work was just so messed up! I got tongue lashed by my boss on more occasions today than i have recieved in like 8months. And i cant say i blame him. I dont know why, but lately, i have been kind of absent minded. Though most of the errors i got tongue lashed for didnt originate from me, they all passed through my table and i should have at least cross checked and raised alarm. Funny thing is, one the most major of the errors i got shouted on for was actually commited by him! But he asks me why i didnt go through and point it out to him before sending to client. Hmmm, thats the life of a non-management staff - you make an error, u get shouted at. Your boss makes an error, YOU get shouted at. Your subordinate makes an error, YOU STILL get shouted at!!! If e pain u, pack ur load and go - SIMPLE.

I am so mightily glad today is over. let me go home and lick my wounds and massage my bruised ego. Hopefully, tommorrow will dawn brighter for me in the office.

God help me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that sistah. That is one of the things about corporate world that scares/annoys me...tomorrow will be a better day...ndo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work is not easy

    I have worked in various sectors (private-corporate; public and charity) for over 20 years and my motto for peace of mind is shaped by Jay Z's lyrics - 'You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder'

    So long as no-one died, work stays at work!

    ReplyDelete