Tuesday 13 December 2011

88k 'gbese' this xmas!!! God forbid

Ol boy! No be small thing oo. God just brought me out from a ditch i would have fallen into in the office. For those who dont know, 'gbese' means debt (not the kind that you willingly undertook though). If you hit/scratch someone's car and you are wrong, then u have chopped gbese, if you pick that lovely top ur colleague is selling thinking its the usual 2k-3k top and after wearing it and getting loads of compliments, u realize that top was actually 10k, u have chopped correct gbese, if you use the worng cost on a suppliers purchase order and there is an over payment done to the guy then u have eaten correct, authentic gbese! Get the drift?

Well the last happened to me yesterday. I over payed a supplier by 88 thousand naira!!!! My boss called me and asked what happened. I was so sure there was a mistake somewhere cos i couldnt believe i would make such errors. I checked and there! I commited the blunder. I called the oga and he calmly told me to go and settle with finance. Well, in my  organization, that means ' go and tell finace in how many installments you will pay the amount back and which months they should start debiting your salary account'. For this xmas???? Mehn, i couldnt sleep last night.

This morning, i went to the boss and as meekly as i could muster, asked him what he asked me to do when i get to finance (like i didnt know already) As Almighty God, Oluwa, Chukwu, Oghene, My FATHER will have it, my boss asked me to go that he will sort it out!!!! I couldnt believe my ears! Is that how much God loves me?????
Someone has been made to pay 300+K for a mistake like this. The guy's salary was deducted for so long that he forgot how much he was actually meant to be collecting as salary.

Abeg make una join me shake ikebe unto the Lord. I am so thankful.

Hope y'all are gearing up for the hoilidays. I cant wait.

P/S: Bumped into our  'vexing bus driver' (from the last post) and he was with this really pretty chick who was clinging to him like he will evaporate if she didnt. Guess he has moved on to someone who will be his girl without being actually 'toasted' or 'wooed'. As if carrying me in a big motor is the be-all. mschewwwww

4 comments:

  1. Na real gbese you for enter o. Thank God your boss decided to sort it out. I have had to pay almost 400K for a gbese at work and you can bet it wasn't funny at all. LOL @ the clinging chick and the "bus driver". No mind the girl jor, Xmas is around the corner, so she is looking for people to give her gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!
    May 2012 bring you lots of blessings
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year dear. Hope to see you in blogsville soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madam, where you dey oooo. Hope you are ok sha. *hugs dear*

    ReplyDelete